Hope Valley Riding Club (also known to many as HVRC) is an active and friendly Riding Club based in the beautiful Hope Valley in the heart of the Peak District National Park, Derbyshire. Our showground is just off the A6187 near the junction to Bamford, between Hathersage and Hope (click here to see a detailed map). We offer a variety of shows, competitions, clinics, riding camps and day rides throughout the year and offer regular clinics with Rupert Cox, Jenny Parkin, Lisa Morris and Michelle Fox. Check out our Events section to see what you could get involved with. 2013 saw the completion of our new riding arena (65m x 30m). This enables us to hold events, regardless of the weather, and to hire it to members. Check out our Arena Page for more information.
New members are always welcome. Visit our Membership Page for details.
Our Events include:
– A series of Open Shows offering a full range of in-hand, ridden and working hunter classes
– Monthly Open Show Jumping Competitions held on our all-weather arena
– Showcross Competitions held on the arena and club field
– Monthly Dressage competitions with tests from Prelim to Elementary
– Regular clinics with Rupert Cox, Jenny Parkin, Lisa Morris and Michelle Fox.
– Weekly group jumping and flatwork tuition for all levels of ability with Jenny Parkin
– Annual riding club camp for junior and senior members (separate camps) using the wonderful facilities at Somerford Park (Adult Camp) and Derby College (Junior Camp)
– The opportunity to represent the club at team events and championship shows
– Day Rides
HVRC is affiliated to British Riding Clubs and members have the opportunity to attend BRC events and compete in BRC regional and national shows.
In 2005 the HVRC quadrille ‘The Clockwork Clowns’ came 2nd at Olympia and in 2006 two HVRC teams went to Olympia – The Scarecrows were placed 4th and the Cans Cans came 2nd.
A copy of our accounts for year ended December 2016 can be found here.
A copy of our accounts for year ended December 2015 can be found here.
A copy of our accounts for year ended December 2014 can be found here.
If you can’t view the files above, select the download option and save the file. Some versions of the pdf viewer are a bit iffy. All documents download fine.